To apply to Bluefield State College, please fill out an application as well as complete a few additional steps.
Here is everything you need to know about applying to Bluefield State College.
How to Apply
Fill out an Application
Provide the following information to the Admissions Office:
- Official high school transcript or GED courses. (For transcripts, contact your high school to send them; for GED courses, contact the Department of Education.)
- SAT or ACT score
- You need a GPA of at least 2.0 plus an ACT composite of at least 18 or an SAT composite of at least 850 or 950 composite on the new SAT (combined Critical Reading and Math scores). OR: You must have a GPA of at least 3.0 (regardless of ACT or SAT scores).
- College transcript (if you earned college credit during high school)
- MMR Immunization record (if you were born after January 1, 1957)
Meet the Required High School Units:
- 4 English courses (including courses in Grammar, Composition and Literature)
- 4 Mathematics courses (including three units at Algebra I level and above)
- 3 Social Studies courses (including U.S. History)
- 3 Science courses (all courses must be college preparatory laboratory science, including units from Biology, Chemistry and Physics)
- 2 Foreign Language courses (two units of the same foreign language)
- 1 Art course
Visit our FAQs page, or contact the Admissions Office with any questions at (304) 327-4065.